Monday, August 8, 2011

July 3rd- second day at Overlake

12:15am- contractions getting really intense- only at a little over 2 cm, way to early to get an epidural. I sat in a rocking chair to help with the contractions and pain. My nurse informed me that I have to wait for a while to get my epidural because the anesthesiologist was in with a c-section and I still have 2 more cm to go before I can get the epidural. The nurse left to check on something came back in and told me that the anesthesiologist was done and would be in shortly so I could get my epidural. I was happy that my nurse could tell how much pain I was in and that the OB was okay with me getting my epidural early! When the anesthesiologist came in he explained everything and let me know that because it was early he was only going to give me half the dose they normally give.

1am- I have no pain, contractions keep coming, but I don't feel anything!! I got to sleep through the contractions, my nurse woke me up every hour or so to move me to help progress labor and I was able to move as the nurse needed me too.

2am- 3.5 cm dilated and 90% effaced! At this point they were able to stop the pitocin becuase my body had taken over the contractions. I also have to have oxygen on since the baby's heart rate was going down a little while I was sleeping and also because of the epidural.

2:30am- 4 cm dilated, water broke

2:50am- Anglea (my nurse) predicts that the baby would be born between 10am and 12noon.

4:45am- 5-6 cm dilated, still on oxygen

5am- it is starting to get light outside, sent an email to my mom and sister to give them an update that we are expecting the baby to arrive between 10am and 12noon.

6:30am- 7-8 cm dilated, hungry enjoying some jell-o

6:55am- 9.5 cm dilated, nurse switch- got Analisa the nurse I had who started my induction.

8am- baby is coming down further getting in position even more- still waiting. Analisa informed us that there usually are 2 nurses during the delivery but because of the drop in the baby's heart rate, there would be a nurse from the NICU just in case she is needed.

8:30am- dramatic increase in pressure- needing to push!

8:40am- Analisa comes in and has me push to see where we are at in the progress- contraction comes, I push and we are crowning! Dr. Nudelman (the OB on call) is called, the room is set up for delivery.

8:50am- lots of pain, still waiting for OB to come in, able to give a few little pushes to relieve some pain

9am- Dr. Nudelman comes in, has me push full force

9:01am- baby arrives!!!

 

 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa

No comments: