Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How we got engaged

It was September 19th, 2006. Friday night about 7:30 Will calls me and asks me to meet him at Costco. As I headed to my car to meet him, I notcied something on my windshield. It was the frist in a series of clues which led me to Costco. One of our favorite stores we visit almost every weekend. As I am driving to Costco, I thought for a couple seconds that he was going to purpose, but talked myself out of it. Once I got to Costco I followed the clues and went to member services and asked for Sally. She asked for my name and then handed me a bouquet of red roses and another set of clues. the next set of clues led me to Round Table pizza. I still kind of thought that tonight be the night, but when i read the P.S. on the clue, I was for sure it was not going to happen. The P.S. said "don't over think it, it will happen where it is sunny by the river." So I started to think that he was going to purpose when we go to Sunriver, OR in October. Once I got to Round Table Pizza, he was all calm and acting funny, but pretty normal. We ordered pizza, and talked about how our weeks went. Just having a normal and casual evening.

Each clue had 4 or 5 envelopes filled with bunchs of paper cut up into 4ths. I then started to put them together and asked him if he just randomly cut up paper to be funny. He said yes and thought nothing of it. After we had dinner we headed back to my place. Once we got home I started to put the roses in a vase and Will was wrapping up the pizza. After we finished we then went to sit on the couch and I noticed something framed on top of my entertainment center. It had our wedding date and it said "where will you be?" My response was "oh that's cute, we should put it on the mantel". Then I joined Will on the couch and he started to act a little funny. He said that we should take a picture of the flowers and the pictures that we in the envelopes. So he pulled out the pictures and he put them in order.

The first one was a picture of a decree/will.The second one was a baby sheep (an ewe), at the bottom it said "it's not ______... The third picture was of Mary had a little lamb. On the bottom of the page it said _________ had a little lamb.The last picture was of us in Hawaii. At the top of the picture it said "...it's _____ with and arrow to him.

At first I din't understand the clues. He then mentioned watching some Seinfeld reruns and said what's that line George always used. It took me a couple times to figure it out. I suddenly was like oh it says "Will you marry me?" with which he responded "Yes. I was wondering when you would finally ask me". He then proceeded to get down on one knee and asked me to be his wife as he slid the ring on my finger. ! I said YES, YES, YES!!





No comments: